Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Leonard Cohen


His words are the soundtrack
of the morning,
like a flower opening to light and sun.
Like the wind touching my face,
and my old wounds.
Like the ivy growing on the wall,
like a lover crawling on my skin.
The bird of Paradise plant
is exceptionally brilliant today,
as if his words warmed her too.
Inspired,
I smile with answers to ancient questions,
to finding my way home
following the bread crumbs that he left behind.
My spirituality never questioned
nor displayed,
only my heart shinning like a beacon.
 



I found Leonard Cohen too late in my life, he is my new obsession. His thoughts resonate with me, his wisdom draws me in. He is an icon and a genius. 

11 comments:

  1. The breads crumbs are plenty. He did some great songs indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is an inspiration & I love this music too ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love his music..dance me to the end of love..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, it is never TOO late to discover Leonard Cohen. I think I own all of his music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it is never too late. Beautiful piece

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is never too late to find a voice we can relate to and which helps us find our way home...a beautiful poem

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Leonard Cohen. One of my favorite quotes of all time: "There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."

    ReplyDelete
  8. it is cool when we find a writer or painter or singer who seems to be on our wavelength and whose words or songs or paintings resonate with us... nice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bird of paradise is beautiful.
    I am a fan of Cohen as well. He is easy listening but still deep
    in that he makes me think - without it hurting. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes, love Leonard Cohen. And your poem, too. :)
    Keep smiling at those answers. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete