Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Monday, August 25, 2014

Mama


I am floating on a cloud
searching for you,
the memory lifts me higher
close to the heavens 
where I seek to find you. 
I am floating on a cloud
my hair is wild 
my heart is light
I am searching for you.
I wish to cast my eyes upon you
and feel your heartbeat.
I walked in the park today,
I felt you walk beside me.
I wept hiding under my shades
the fog was rising 
my eyes stinging from my weeping.
I saw you in your colorful
butterfly robe,
the one you wore.
You kissed me
after you scolded me.
I wanted to wash your hair and body
and you battled me.
After the water played with
your hair and
I washed your face
you were at peace.
The struggle ceased
and you remembered 
once again
that I am your girl
the one you held,
the one you loved.
I am floating in my dream
on a cloud searching
for the peace we had
after the storm was gone. 




8/26/14 is five years since my mom passed. I have missed her every single day, my heart pierced in pain. 

19 comments:

  1. This is a touching poem filled with love, pain and loss. May you find peace as you remember all your special moments with your mother. She lives on always in your heart, your memories and in your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your achingly beautiful accomplishment touches me deeply. What a striking woman-



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my mother who passed three years ago. They never leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and with such exquisite words is she remembered, Ayala.
    YOUR words.
    Your living memories.
    Blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am glad you were there to love on her...at least wash her face...and put her at peace...my wife lost her mom about the same time ago...and i know she misses her every day....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending hugs, Ayala. I know it is hard. And no matter how much time passes, the hole that is created by loss is never quite filled again. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. hugs... i can imagine how tough it is... i lost my dad when i was seventeen...my mom will be 87 at the end of this month...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ayala, I don't think a person ever stops missing their mother...no matter how many years pass. I do understand the missing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah dear Im sorry about your mom but I think like Mary never a person stops missing their mother.
    But Ayala Im sure your mom is close to you especially how you loved her.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful, both the picture of your mama and your words. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your words show how much you loved your mom! and was loved by her. I think there are people we will always miss. I am not surprised you miss your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very touching tribute ~ She is lovely and she lives in your heart ~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful tribute, my heart aches for you reading it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful account of your mother.. to miss someone for a long time can be painful, but still I feel she's still with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ah...mothers are mothers...so touching Ayala...

    ReplyDelete
  16. must be the time of the year to think of those gone... wrote a piece about my dad after a dream... he's gone over ten, but ever in my heart

    ReplyDelete
  17. The memories linger on. One tends to have more to give the one person that steered us through good and trying times.Great lines ayala!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  18. I emphasize with you. There are some people in our worlds that are irreplaceable. You will eventually get used to the pain. Irrelevant of beliefs where they go. A nice memorial write about your loved one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry for you pain and loss. This poem is a beautiful tribute to your mother. Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete