Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Collecting

I am a collector. You could say that it's in my DNA. Both my parents were collectors. I think my first collection started when I was six. It consisted of pretty paper napkins. The napkins had various flowers and various designs. When I was a teenager I began collecting thimbles. When I was in my twenties I collected tea sets and miniatures. Some of the things that I collected remind me of special places that I found them. A part of the joy was in the hunt for them. I would find a special piece and I would decide that it had to be mine. Collecting is magical . Collecting can become an obsession. Collecting can turn into hoarding.  Now that I am in my forties I collect experiences.  Experiences  such as a wonderful vacation, a wonderful meal, a wonderful concert. Life comes and life ends.  The  only things that are  left are the memories that we share with our loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment