Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hope

"Hope is the dream of a soul awake" -French Proverb
Last night Daniel and I returned from his Kung Fu class. When I checked the mailbox, I was surprised when Daniel asked, "is there a letter from Cameron?". Cameron and Daniel were two peas in a pod. They had a secret language that only great friends share. When Cameron moved to New Orleans, both Cameron and Daniel were devastated. Cameron's mom assured them both that they will see each other again and that they can write to one another. Daniel waited for a letter that never arrived. I was able to call Cameron's grandmother and receive the address. Daniel wrote a letter immediately. Then every day he would ask me if there was a letter from Cameron. Finally three weeks later, I  surrendered and decided to call Cameron's grandmother to check if the letter arrived. She said the letter had arrived but Cameron is having a problem with his writing so he will be sending some drawings back. The drawings never arrived. Daniel waited and finally he stopped asking for the mail. It's been a year and last night unexpectedly he asked. He caught me off guard and I asked, "you still have hope" and then Daniel answered, "damaged hope". I smiled thinking, hope nonetheless. Hope is hope.    

No comments:

Post a Comment