Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Humor

"A well developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life" -William Arthur Ward
Laughing oxygenates our bloodstream. Laughing fills us with endorphins. I have even heard Dr.Oz say that it keeps us young. I am fortunate because my husband makes me laugh. There are times when I am quiet and he sees the shadows closing in. He will say something funny. For a moment I smile, I laugh. The laughter enters my being like medicine given intravenously. I protest and tell him that it wasn't funny. As his eyes wrap me in his I find a twinkle in them . "I made you smile", he will exclaim like a boy that just won a stuffed animal in a carnival. Then I smile on the inside because all he wanted was to comfort me, to protect me from the ghosts in my mind. He is the one that adds the balance to my steps as I walk the tightrope of life.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you, Aidan ! I love that picture too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very recently talking to a friend about how much I adore people who just make me laugh. Unabashed, uncontained laughter. So fantastic to have that in your husband. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Lindsey. Welcome,so wonderful you came by. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have used the better pic. ;-)
    Protest !!!!!! You mean you yell at me & tell me, "you're a f***ing crazy person, get away from me"
    I never knew you actually enjoy the torture!
    You're so lucky, to have me as the, "balance to your steps on the tight-rope of life" !!!

    ReplyDelete