Sun Kissed Days

Sun Kissed Days

Monday, July 10, 2017

Seven Year Blog Anniversary


Seven years ago today I began posting on my blog, a sun kissed life. It was a difficult time, I had lost both my parents and I felt wounded, tired, and vulnerable. A desire was sparked to write again and to stand with an open heart and share it. The desire was mixed with fear of leaving myself naked to be seen, my pain expressed for strangers to see, but I took a leap. At first the posts remained empty of comments, and it was okay, because after all I was writing to find happiness within. As time went by, my blog blossomed, other bloggers that I respected came by to read, which made me happy and grateful. I was welcomed to a wonderful community of bloggers, poets, authors, and journalists. We bleed on our pages and we share our souls. My blog brought me back to the writing I had left behind. It has made me examine ordinary and extraordinary moments of my life. To all my friends I want to say thank you for embracing me with love and acceptance. I am blessed to have you all in my life!

21 comments:

  1. Such a heartwarming post and a walk down memory lane. Congratulations to you on those achievements, and best wishes ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary. Thank you for sharing this. The pleasure is all ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean, Ayala. When i began blogging, and connecting with other poets, it sparked my writing, which had been fizzling, and brought me so many wonderful friends. Including you! What a life-changing journey it is. So happy to have met you.Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry. I am honored to have shared this space with you.

      Delete
  4. Seven years sure is a long time indeed. Happy blogversary and here's to 7 more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad we've intersected, Ayala. I started writing to cope with loss and I've found extraordinary support in this online community. I treasure your friendship - Happy 7th! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rudri. I cherish our friendship as well. xox

      Delete
  6. Those 7 years have been a blessing to all of us. God bless you, lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blog! Congrats!
    Have a nice day!
    Gil Zetbase

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats by your Blog anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your writing is so beautiful. Glad I found your blog.
    Follow each other.

    ReplyDelete
  10. woot!! congrats on 7 years of blogging - that is awesome - and it's quite an adventurous journey - isn't it - i'm so thankful for the people i met along the way as well
    happy sunday ayala!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claudia. Happy we met along the way. :)

      Delete
  11. Sunflowers are strong, growing by the roadside, reaching for the sun!

    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete